Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Chicken Marsala

Serves 4

4 (4-oz) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/4 cup flour
1/2 Tbs salt
1 tsp pepper
1/4 cup olive oil
3 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped or 2-3 tsp of jarred garlic
1 1/2 Tbs chopped onions
1/2 lb sliced button mushrooms or 1 - 7-oz can of mushrooms, drained
1 jar of marinated artichokes
1/2 cup Marsala wine
1/2 cup white wine
1 1/2 Tbs butter

Using a meat mallet, pound chicken breasts flat. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper and dredge in flour. In nonstick skillet, heat olive oil. Add chicken breasts and cook 3-4 minutes on each side or until the chicken is browned. Remove chicken from heat, cover with a paper towel to keep warm. Add garlic, onions, mushrooms, artichokes, marsala wine and white wine. Cook for 10 minutes. Add butter and place the chicken back in the pan. Cover and cook 5 minutes, more, or until sauce thickens. Serve chicken with sauce. I serve this dish with a spinach salad with balsamic vinaigrette.

Work time: 10 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes

1 comment:

Heather said...

I made this with some friends and it was fantastic. I should say our friends made it since they arrived and I hadn't started yet. The doorbell rang and I was still nursing my 3-month old. I opened the door, apologized as I was running late, and handed them my Dell laptop. Said this is my sister's favorite recipe, go crazy. They followed the easy directions and said it was a breeze! Yummy!